Gratifly Music Festival: Day 4

I had a power-packed last day at Gratifly. Several engaging workshops, yoga, more wandering, and more new favorite artists made this day one to remember. I wish I'd never left. 

This blog was originally published on brotherlyloveproductions.com.

The last day is always bittersweet. We want to stay forever, but the demands of reality call us home. Onward to light other fires with the flames that have been kindled in our hearts.

An early rise leaves me feeling grateful for the opportunity to walk the grounds while they are still at peace, although Adam Shaikh is still raging the Tribal Council Stage from the night before. (This goes on ‘til after 10 a.m.) I venture into the Fairie Forest, an area of full of magic and inspiration. It connects to another piece of the river, just deep enough to stick your feet in or lay down to cool off. 
Another view of the river
The empty Yoga Space calls me to do a few downward dogs and center myself for this final adventure. I have been blessed by the themes of health and healing throughout the weekend, and take a few minutes to honor my body and how far it has carried me. A simple thank you is not enough.

A workshop led by Nick Joyce on mindful drumming teaches us to listen and breathe within the circle, never losing touch with the whole. This way we connect and find our place in the groove, creating something beautiful together. Clearly, these lessons apply outside the circle, as well.

Ehren Cruz and a panel of several other visionaries educate on the vision and goals of SolPurpose, a website that helps creative types find their purpose while still caring for their material needs. As something that I personally struggle with — wanting to immerse myself completely in my art and spiritual development, but also needing to pay the bills — the talk was very enlightening and I encourage anyone dealing with those same issues to check out the site.
Jamie Janover speaks on Nassim Haramein’s Unified Field Theory, as scientists are uncovering the secret long known by the ancients that everything is indeed connected and that there are several planes of existence all interacting with each other in sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle, ways. As we learn more about this field, we can use to it our advantage and understand that it is working with us to create the better world that we crave.
If not now, whn?
Adam Shaikh plays another set and I get down and dirty with my hoop. I’ve had several breakthroughs this weekend and feel like I’ve finally solidified my hoop “dance.” There are few connections stronger than the one between man (or woman) and hoop (or poi, or staff — whatever your prop may be).

The sounds of Infinite Geometry meld with my tired eyes and I am asleep in a hammock once again. I wake to Ployd and then head over to the Gratitude Stage to be Emancipated. Doug Appling and Marley Carroll lay down the soothing sounds they are so well known for and my heart is at peace.

Desert Dwellers close out the night. At this point, I can barely keep my eyes open, but my crew plans to leave after the music, so I stay awake. Carrying all our gear down what has been dubbed “Buzzkill Hill” in the dark is not an easy task, but it is done and we hit the road at 5 a.m., with an eight-hour drive ahead of us. It is hard to say goodbye, but the love and light that have been imparted to me cannot be diminished by distance. Thank you Gratifly, and I hope to see you again next year.



___________________________


Thandiwe Ogbonna is a music writer gone rogue.
Please share this blog with your friends, and follow it on Facebook
Twitter, or YouTube. Read more about Thandiwe here.

Labels: , ,